The SweetWater Microfilter removes waterborne bacteria and protozoa, particulate, taste and odors, while the chlorine-based SweetWater Purifier Solution effectively inactivates viruses. Together they provide the most reliable water possible. It pumps easily with a 4:1 mechanical advantage, producing 1.25L per minute and can easily be cleaned with the brush to restore flow rates.
MSR SweetWater® purifier system, in addition to SteriPEN Classic, are our water solution during the tour. Having 2 water purifiers is necessary for an extended tour:
- In case one fails, you still can treat water with the other
- For tap water, there is no need for labor intensive water pumping and SteriPEN is sufficient
- SteriPEN treats a wide variety of bacteria, viruses and protozoan cysts, under the condition that the water is clear and distilled (typically tap water). Suspended particles in murky water are a problem because microorganisms buried within particles are shielded from the UV light. Thus, when treating un-distilled water, SteriPEN should be coupled with a pre-filter to remove those larger organisms that would otherwise pass through the UV system unaffected. Click here for more info on Wikipedia.
- Comprehensive Protection: Inactivates 99.99% of waterborne viruses, eliminates over 99.9999% of all waterborne bacteria and 99.9% of common protozoan parasites, such as giardia and cryptosporidia, as well as particulates.
- Fresh Tasting Water: Activated carbon core helps eliminate taste and odors.
- Iodine-free: Inactivates viruses without bad-tasting iodine.
- Easy to Use: Lever-action pump handle has a 4-to-1 mechanical advantage and dual pump action, so you don't have to work as hard.
- Lightweight: Entire system weighs just 14 ounces.
- Compact: Handle folds flat when not in use for easy packing and storage.
- Almost effortless to pump with the 4-to-1 mechanical advantage and dual pump action
- Pack down well. The neat stow-away design gives us great satisfaction when we pack it up